What Is Disability Insurance?
Disability insurance may help protect your paycheck if you aren’t able to work due to illness, injuries, pregnancy or childbirth. The benefits are paid directly to you and can be used to pay expenses that medical insurance doesn’t cover — like rent or mortgage, utilities, groceries, child care or other bills.
Learn how Disability insurance works in this short video.
CTA-Endorsed Plans’ Advantages
- Designed to support California educators’ financial needs
- Supported by a dedicated CTA Customer Service Team
- Great value at group rates
- Claim appeals can be reviewed by panel of CTA peers
- Access to new Student Loan and Cancer Benefits from CTA
Learn more about the CTA-endorsed plans: