The Standard is a marketing name for Standard Insurance Company (Portland, Oregon), licensed in all states except New York. Products and availability vary by state and are solely the responsibility of Standard Insurance Company.
Share the Top 10 Reasons to Buy Fixed Annuities
For anyone who wants to build and protect their assets, annuities are a great option. Here are 10 great reasons to buy a fixed annuity:
1) Multiple Guarantees
- Principal and Interest rate guarantees
- Income guaranteed for as long as your client chooses — a certain period or for life
- Helps to ensure the surviving spouse has a continuing income
- Can provide money in case of a catastrophic illness or if your client (or spouse) needs to enter a nursing home1
- Flexible access to funds with a variety of surrender-free withdrawal options
4) No Sales Charges
- 100% of premium can earn interest
5) Tax Deferral
- Earnings will not be taxed until your client makes withdrawals or starts taking regular distributions
- Benefit from triple-compounding: earn interest on principal, interest on interest, and interest on what would have paid to taxes
- Ability to choose a predictable income stream
- Lifetime income options: payments guaranteed to continue for as long as your client lives
- Multi-year rate guarantee products
- Variety of contribution and payout options
- Long-term savings plan for future income stream
- Principal protection: Deferred index annuities never lose value in a “bad” year, while capturing some growth in a “good” year
- Deferred index annuities are able to have credited interest tied to an index, without downside risk
- Supplement retirement income
10) Estate Planning
- Proceeds are paid directly to the named beneficiary
- May avoid the delay and expense of probate
Sales and Marketing Toolkit
Download these flyers and customize on your own desktop.
|Sales Concept Flyer|
Top Ten Reasons to Buy a Fixed Annuity
What Is the Cost of Waiting?
1 Entering a nursing home by surrendering all or a portion of your deferred annuity or by annuitizing your annuity to a pay-out annuity.
Annuities are not (a) insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, (b) deposits of or guaranteed by any bank or credit union and (c) a provision or condition of any bank or credit union activity. Some annuities are subject to investment risk and may lose value. A surrender charge may apply during the surrender period, and a 10% penalty may apply to withdrawals prior to age 59½.
You are leaving Standard.com to visit a website hosted by ImagiSOFT, our partner for illustration software.
You can currently run Index Select Annuity and Focused Growth Annuity illustrations. For CA versions, other products or SPIA illustrations, please call 800.378.4578.
Jared's Story: Time for Family
Age: 36 - Occupation: trial attorney - Married, one child
How the Family Care Benefit provided the ability to care for a loved one
Jared's daughter was born with a heart defect. They visited multiple specialists to diagnose the condition and determine the appropriate treatment. Then his daughter underwent surgeries, hospital stays and months of follow-up appointments. Benefits from Jared’s Platinum Advantage policy helped make up for the income lost when Jared spent time away from work to attend physician appointments and to be with his daughter in the hospital and throughout her extended recovery — providing peace of mind during a trying time.
Supportive Office Equipment
Age: 42 - Occupation: accountant - Married, no children
Assistance on the road to recovery through a rehabilitation program
Jody's role as an accountant at a small firm requires a lot of computer work. After sustaining a serious back injury from a car accident, Jody was totally disabled under her Platinum Advantage policy. Jody’s doctor recommended she purchase assistive equipment to help her work comfortably at her desk without aggravating her condition. She was able to return to work full time after participating in a rehabilitation program in which expenses for a sitstand desk and other ergonomic accommodations were paid for under her Platinum Advantage policy. These modifications helped ensure she could return to work safely, without hindering her recovery.
David's Story: Starting a Medical Career
Age: 33 - Occupation: dermatology physician - Single, no children
Benefits that match career growth through the Benefit Increase Rider
David is completing his dermatology residency and just accepted an offer at a private practice. Before the end of his residency, he purchased a Platinum Advantage policy that included the Benefit Increase Rider, knowing his income will rise significantly after he starts his first post-residency job. The benefit also will allow his policy to grow with him as he progresses in his career and receives additional salary increases. David values the fact that his coverage going forward will match his developing career.
Jason's Story: Accidents Happen
Age: 35 • Occupation: orthopedic surgeon • Married, two children
Finding work in a new occupation with the Own Occupation Rider
Jason injured his right hand in an accident and was unable to return to his job as an orthopedic surgeon because he couldn't perform surgery. Due to his medical training, he was able to return to work as a family medicine physician. Jason was considered totally disabled in his regular occupation as an orthopedic surgeon — even though he earns an income from another occupation as a family medicine physician — because of the own occupation definition of total disability included in his Platinum Advantage policy. Because of this, he receives the policy's full basic monthly benefit, in addition to the income he receives in his new position.